This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) governs your use of the Services and is incorporated by reference into HyperGrid.Me’s Terms of Service. Unless otherwise stated, defined terms in this AUP have the meanings provided in the Terms of Service. HyperGrid.Me may modify this AUP at any time without notice.
The Services provided by HyperGrid.Me may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Services. HyperGrid.Me reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that in our judgment violates this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice. Failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within the specified time period in our email to you may result in the suspension or termination of the Services.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Use of the Services to infringe upon another party’s intellectual property rights is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, the unauthorized copying or distribution of movies, music, books, photographs, software/warez, assets, or any other copyrighted work. Selling or offering to sell any counterfeit merchandise will result in the immediate termination of your account. Any account found to be infringing on the intellectual property rights of others will be expeditiously removed or access to the material will be disabled. Any account found to be in repeated violation of this prohibition will be suspended or terminated.
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights are being infringed upon, please email abuse@HyperGrid.Me.com. For copyright infringement claims, HyperGrid.Me follows the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) notice and takedown procedures. A list of the information required to submit a sufficient copyright infringement claim can be found here.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Child Pornography Prohibited. Content that is potentially harmful to minors, as determined in HyperGrid.Me’s sole discretion, is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to, child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography. Any grid or region found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice. The appropriate authorities may also be contacted on a case by case basis.
- Other Prohibited Content.We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our Terms of Service or this AUP in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Unacceptable Resource Usage
- You may not:
- Use twenty-five percent (25%) or more of our system resources for longer than ninety (90) seconds at a time.
- Run or cause to run any MySQL queries longer than fifteen (15) seconds.
- Use https protocol unless it is necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.
- You may not:
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
- We take a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists,” purchased lists, and selling of lists will be treated as spam. We may terminate the account of any User who sends out spam with or without notice.
- Websites advertised via spam (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any User account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
- HyperGrid.Me reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary, any website, account, database, or other component that does not comply with our policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency that we deem necessary at our sole discretion.
- HyperGrid.Me reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a cleanup fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion.
Websites hosted on HyperGrid.Me’s servers in the U.S. are regulated by U.S. law. Accordingly, pursuant to Section 230(c) of the Communications Decency Act, HyperGrid.Me’s policy is not to remove allegedly defamatory material from accounts hosted on our servers unless the material has been found to be defamatory by a court, as evidenced by a court order. As a host, HyperGrid.Me is not a publisher of User content and we are not in a position to investigate the veracity of individual defamation claims. We rely on the legal system and the courts to determine whether or not material is indeed defamatory. In any case in which a court order indicates that material is defamatory, libelous, or slanderous in nature, we will disable access to the material. Similarly, in any case in which a U.S. court has placed an injunction against specified content or material being made available, we will comply and remove or disable access to the material in question.
- Resellers.If there is a violation of this AUP by one of a grid’s client’s account, HyperGrid.Me will notify the grid owner so that the grid owner can terminate the account. HyperGrid.Me may, but is not obligated to, monitor the account or grid for any subsequent violations. The occurrence of additional violations may result in the immediate termination of the grid owner’s account and grid.
- Direct customers.Your Services may be terminated with or without notice upon any violation of this AUP. If applicable, violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- A failure to respond to an email from our abuse department within forty-eight (48) hours, or as otherwise specified in the email, may result in the suspension or termination of your Services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via trouble ticket/email and will receive a response within forty-eight (48) hours.
- If you feel you have discovered a violation of our AUP please report it using our Contact Us form.